Men Who Win & Finish Strong!
At age 55 my life scripture verse is; 2Tim 4:7-8 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day–and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Research and Case Statement Statistics
- As many as 70% of men seek out pornography.
- As many Christians will divorce as non-Christians (34% vs. 33% according to Barna).
- 40% to 50% of recent marriages will end in divorce according to the United States Census Bureau.
- 4 out of 5 students in evangelical churches will drop out of church by their senior year in high school (Howard Hendricks).
- We have become a fatherless nation. 33% of the 72 million children in America will go to bed tonight without their biological father in the home.
- 73% of households with children under 18 headed by married couples (vs. 91% in 1960); 27% households headed by single parents.
- Nuclear families comprise less than 23.5% of households.
- 40% of Busters raised by divorced or separated parents.
- More than 50% children born in 1990s spend part childhood in single parent home.
- Two years after a divorce only 53% of children see their non-custodial parent on a monthly basis. Ten years after the divorce on 28% have monthly contact.
- 66% children born in America will not live with both biological parents through the age of eighteen.
- 62% mothers with children under three employed. 72% mothers with children under 18 hold jobs. Therefore, 59% of kids come home to an empty house. Nobody is home! 80% of woman’s salary goes to work-related costs, an expensive hobby.
- Fatherless children are 5 times as likely to live in poverty, repeat a grade, and have emotional problems.
- 93% of all people incarcerated are men, and 85% of them have no father figure. Prison worker Bill Glass says that of the thousands of prisoners he has met in 25 years of service, not one of them genuinely loved their dad.
- 50% of children from broken homes have not seen their father in over a year.
- One third of all babies born to unmarried women (vs. 3.8% in 1940).
My profession and proclamation is; I Will Finish Strong!
MEN NEED HELP TO FINISH STRONG!!!
My daily prayer!
Keep me faithful, keep me grateful, this my earnestly each day!
Keep me serving, keep me teaching, of his love while yet I may!!
Serving Christ under law is a duty; Serving under love is a delight!
At the beginning of every year so many people make New Year’s resolutions that they break by the third or fourth month. Why? No real clear plan and commitment.
“By Failing To Prepare, You Are Preparing To Fail.” -Benjamin Franklin.
I’ve seen so many men who have made resolutions to finish strong in life and when you examine the evidence men or failing miserably in life. Why no real clear plan and commitment.
“Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plan.” -Peter F. Drucker
My prayer and hope with this Blog is to give men strategies to help them finish strong in every area of their lives.
Interesting/valuable sources for statistics on men:
http://www.edstetzer.com (LifeWay Research link)