Spiritual Check Up!
2 Peter 1:10 “Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble,”
- Have you spent any time in the scripture and in prayer?
- Have you had any flirtations or lustful attitudes, tempting thoughts, or exposed yourself to any explicit materials which would not glorify God?
- Have you been completely above reproach and your financial dealings?
- Have you spent quality relationship time with family and friends?
- Have you done your 100 % best in your job, school, etc?
- If you told any half truths or outright lies, putting yourself in a better light to those around you?
- Have you share the gospel with an unbeliever this week?
- Have you taking care of your body through daily physical exercise and proper eating and sleeping habits?
- Have you allowed any person or circumstance to rob you of your joy?
- Have you lied about any of your answers today?
If men are going to Finish Strong they must have a game plan!! This has been my game plan I’ve followed for over 32 years! These 10 things I commit to do at the first, middle, and end of the year since 1983 at my first FCA camp. (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)
The key is that, men need men they trust and can be real and vulnerable with. Someone they will allow to examine them.
The yearly check up!! The examination. Who do you allow to examine you?
Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
“Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law
When I turned 50 five years ago I’ve had to have a prostate exam. Oh my God, how I hate getting it. I always feel as though I’ve been violated. I have trust my doctor enough to violate, hurt and even offend me, to be able help heal and prevent me future pain.
Who do you trust enough to violate you to be able to help you?
Proverbs 27:6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.”
No Pain, No Gain! But there can be Much Gain, from Some Pain!
Is it time for your check up?
Who do you trust enough to examine you?
Don’t let your pride get in the way of getting the help you need to finish strong.